Discover the secrets to effectively leading project teams to success.
The increasing demand for project-oriented jobs worldwide, fueled by digital transformation and the emergence of large-scale infrastructure projects, calls for enhanced project management skills. This course goes beyond the basics, equipping you with the knowledge and expertise to confidently lead projects in the future.
Throughout the course, the focus is on delivering project benefits to stakeholders within the designated timeframe and budget. You will learn to select the most suitable project approach and develop the essential leadership and management skills required to build high-performing project teams.
From tools and apps to tips, concepts, methodologies, dos, don'ts, and best practices, this course covers a wide range of project management topics. You will gain insights into successfully delivering projects and acquiring practical project management skills applicable to projects of any size.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Acquire core knowledge and applied skills in Project Management.
- Master the art of leading projects to success, leveraging leadership and behavioral aspects.
- Utilize tools and techniques to manage the entire project management life cycle, from initiation to closure.
- Balance the critical tradeoffs of time, cost, and scope to meet customer expectations.
- Apply best practices across various industries and businesses.
- Effectively navigate the dynamics of social and cultural factors, legal and regulatory requirements, as well as technological advancements and infrastructure that impact the success of projects in the global marketplace. Develop the ability to understand and adapt to the diverse social and cultural contexts, comply with relevant laws and regulations, and leverage technological advancements and infrastructure to ensure project success on a global scale.
- Learn practical ways to apply project management skills, regardless of project size.
Why Take This Course?
1. Project management positions are booming, with 1.5 million opportunities per year (source: Project Management Institute).
2. Entry-level project managers earn a median salary of $84,000 (source: Project Management Institute), while Senior Project Managers can earn up to $200,000 per year, depending on industry and role complexity.
3. Exciting career prospects await in various domains, including Project Manager, Project Consultant, Project Analyst, Program Manager, and Project Management Office Manager.
4. Project management is a crucial skill-set applicable to numerous careers and contexts in our lives.
Who Should Enroll?
1. Individuals aspiring to become Project Managers.
2. Men and women looking to pursue a career in Project Management.
3. People interested in learning about Project Management.
4. Developers, Business Analysts, Coordinators, Change Managers, Analysts, and anyone seeking a career transition to Project Management.
5. Those interested in easily accessing job opportunities, as Project Management is a thriving market.
6. Individuals aiming to earn between $80,000 and $200,000 per year, and potentially more.
7. People who enjoy leading teams, coordinating tasks, and building trusting relationships.
This course caters to both beginners and seasoned veterans, offering valuable and practical insights to all participants.
Throughout the course, you'll have the opportunity to connect with fellow learners, share ideas, and engage in active discussions through the comments section.
By the course's conclusion, you will:
- Engage in self-reflection to assess your current level of project management knowledge and go beyond the foundational concepts to enrich your professional practice. Gain valuable insights and skills that extend beyond the basics, allowing you to enhance your project management capabilities and excel in your field.
- Identify appropriate methods and techniques for specific project management scenarios.
- Improve your awareness of the professional skills necessary to excel as a project manager.
- Demonstrate your ability to lead project teams successfully.
- Enhance your capacity to provide and receive feedback from project stakeholders.
- Apply effective communication tools and techniques to engage with project stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of the ethical aspects inherent in project management.
- Receive a verifiable Certificate of Achievement to strengthen your résumé and support your professional journey.
Sample of Certificate (without unique Stamp)
Who Is This Course For?
This course is designed for individuals actively involved in and leading projects in their work, even if they don't consider themselves professional project managers. It also offers an opportunity for those considering a career in project management to explore the field further.
Who developed the course?
- The UK's largest university, supporting students in achieving their goals through supported distance learning.
- Offers flexible learning options to accommodate personal and professional commitments.
- Established in 1969 and consistently ranked among the top 510 universities worldwide (source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020).
- Project management software with a primary focus on creating efficient Gantt charts.
- Founded in 2009 by John Correlli and Nathan Gilmore, who identified the need for effective online project scheduling and collaboration tools.
- Built TeamGantt to address this need, leading to its popularity among individuals and companies seeking streamlined project management solutions.
Whether you are a project management enthusiast, a professional seeking career advancement, or someone involved in leading projects in your current role, this course offers valuable insights and practical skills to propel your success. Join us on this learning journey to unlock the secrets of effective project team leadership and achieve your project management goals.
- 6 Sections
- 122 Lessons
- 0 Quizzes
- 0m Duration
Module 1 - Introduction to Project Management [Teamgant]
- How to Navigate on DEXA
- Onboarding - MUST READ
- About This Class
- Principles of Project Management
- Project Management Methods
- Collaborating as a Project Manager
- Setting up your projects in Teamgant
- Utilizing your system
- Communicating as a project manager
- Communication case studies
- Wrap up of Introduction to Project Management
Module 2 - Becoming an effective project manager (Open University)
- Welcome to Module 2 - Becoming an effective project manager (the Open University UK)
- Welcome to Project Management: Beyond the Basics. (video)
- Project Manager Salary: Your 2023 Guide
- ★★ Important Information - DO NOT SKIP
- What skills should a project manager master?
- Identify your role's project management skills - Discussion
- Speaking from experience - (video)
- The demands posed on a project manager
- Reflecting on skills
- Engaging Stakeholders
- ~~ Evaluating project stakeholders
- ~~ Who are the stakeholders? (video)
- ~~ Mapping stakeholders
- ~~ Strategies for dealing with stakeholders
- ~~ Communicating inside and outside the project team
- ~~ Communicating with stakeholders (video)
- ★Working ethically in projects
- ~~ Difficult decisions (video)
- ~~ The scope of ethics in projects
- ~~ Ethics in practice
- ~~ Dealing with difficult decisions (video)
- ~~ Acting ethically - (Discussion)
- ~~ Three steps to thinking more ethically about decisions
- ~~ Identifying ethical aspects in a project - (Video)
- ~~ Summary of Module 2
Module 3 - Managing projects in a complex world
- Welcome to Module 3 - Managing projects in a complex world
- Understanding and responding to complexity
- ~~ Thinking about complexity
- ~~ Volatility and uncertainty
- ~~ Complexity and ambiguity
- ~~ The challenges for projects
- ~~ Orientation in a complex world
- ★ Linear and iterative projects
- ~~ The different approaches explained (video)
- ~~ The linear project lifecycle
- ~~ Linear projects in practice
- ~~ Understanding iterative projects (video)
- ~~ The iterative project lifecycle
- ~~ Selecting the right approach
- Adapting approaches to context
- ~~ Pragmatism over purism
- ~~ Project lifecycles in practice (video)
- ~~ Developing project agility
- Apply what you’ve learned (Discussion)
- ~~ Summary of Module 3
Module 4 - Managing Project People
- Welcome to Module 4 - Managing Project People
- Establishing and leading project teams
- ~~ Creating a project team (video)
- What is a project team?
- ~~ Understanding project teams
- ~~ Forming teams for projects
- ~~ How teams work
- ~~ The project manager’s role in teambuilding
- Creating the conditions for project teams to succeed ★
- ~~ How to build a team in ten minutes (video)
- ~~ Forming teams in complex environments
- ~~ Your experiences of diversity in teams (discussion)
- ~~ Collective learning and intelligence in teams (video)
- ~~ Unlocking team learning
- Developing and safeguarding team members »»
- ~~ Developing the project team
- ~~ Giving and receiving feedback
- ~~ Adapting your management style
- ~~ Safeguarding the team – and yourself
- ~~ Apply what you've learned
- Summary of Module 4
Module 5 - Managing projects in complex organisations – seeing the bigger picture
- Welcome to Module 5 - Managing projects in complex organisations – seeing the bigger picture »»⟩
- Managing Quality »»
- ~~ Thinking about projects and organisations (video)
- ~~ Developing a broader view on projects
- ~~ What is quality [discussion]
- ~~ The cost of quality
- ~~ Identifying the costs of quality in a project (video)
- ~~ Creating a quality plan
- Planning for quality (video)
- Managing Resources »
- ~~ Resource loading
- ~~ Resource levelling
- ~~ Strategies for resource levelling
- ~~ Strategies for resource smoothing
- ~~ A comprehensive view on resource overload (discussion)
- ~~ Problems that affect scheduling resources
- ~~ Your experience of scheduling resources
- ~~ A different approach to scheduling
- ~~ The critical chain (video)
- Multiple team membership (video)
- Managing Conflict »»
- ~~ Conflict and its potential sources
- ~~Conflicts in projects (video)
- ~~ Dealing with conflicts
- ~~ Negotiation in projects
- ~~ Applying the lessons learnt (video)
- Checking your understanding
- End-of- Open University Course & summary
Module 6: The Art and Science of Project Leadership [TeamGant]
- Welcome to Module 6: The Art and Science of Project Leadership [TeamGant]
- Project Leadership Tips: Be a Better Project Leader -
- Crafting your project management process -
- How to Estimate Project Costs -
- Documenting project requirements -
- Creating Accurate Project Plans -
- Setting and Managing Expectations -
- Tactics for managing & Avoiding Scope Creep -
- Winning Trust with Communication -
- How to manage stakeholders in a project -
- Creating effective staffing plans -
- How to get the most out of meetings - Adriana Girdler
- Mastering time management - Adriana Girdler
- You're the project manager now - Congratulations!
- Project Manager Salary: Your 2023 Guide
- Become a Certified Project Manager - READ TILL THE END TO GET CERTIFICATE